- 4 MOM
- Almost gone...
Posted by Jeffrey Kerns, Ed.D. Building Administrator Millard Public Schools on March 15, 2016
1) Respect: I give it to you from day one, it’s your job to keep it.
2) Effort: All I ask is for you to give me the best you have to offer on any given day. I am not interested in places, medals, or records. I am interested in your character development and that you competed to the best of your abilities.
3) Can’t: Understand this word is not to be used in practice or life. You are only not able to do something yet.
4) Pride: In yourself and where you are from. This maybe the only time someone might see you, leave a good lasting impression.
5) Determination: Never accept limitations, ever. Be willing to work harder than everyone else.
6) Promptness: If you are early you are on time, if you are on time you are late, if you are late you are left.
7) Sacrifice: You will get out of it what you put in it. If you have always done what you have been doing, you will always get what you have been getting.
8) Team: Sometimes we will sacrifice our personal goals for the betterment of the team. Deal with this fact now. We all become stronger when we come together.
9) Independence: Live your life as if someone is always watching you. You are not cheating me if you don’t do your workout. If you feel what you are doing is not right, it probably isn’t.
10) Faith: Understand just because you pay the price does not mean it will be fully rewarded, do it anyways.
11) Toughness: If it were easy to do everyone would be doing it. Tough moments and workouts will not last long, the toughness you gain from these experiences will.
12) Smile: Enjoy the time you have been allotted on earth.